Autism thing?

I wondered if the following situation is commonly experienced by other autistics?

I am out in public, walking along, minding my own business, and some random stranger says, "Cheer up, it might never happen", or words to that effect.

I find it very intrusive and usually cannot find anything witty to say, which would be an ideal response. I am hugely resentful of the concept that I owe it to complete strangers to compose my facial expression to suit their peculiar standards.

Parents
  • Men used to say that to me a lot when I worked at Tescos and I was sat at an empty till doing nothing. I was either bored and/or daydreaming. One time I was actually going through a really bad time and just gave him a death glare and he got really arsey about it. I don’t understand why people say that because if someone started crying that they were grieving they wouldn’t actually care, they’d make some sort of sarcastic sorry I asked comment

• Many supermarket managers in particular have family connections to the milltary, police, Royal Mail and leftist controlled councils, living in council houses and they have serious attitude problems - while making it look like they are doing so on merit, they get their relatives and extended families into certain jobs and they are all related to each other - in management positions, power goes to their heads, they become totally arrogant and they constantly go on power trips - I’ve seen supermarket managers screaming at full volume at other members of staff in front of customers on the shop floor and in more recent versions of this, I’ve seen staff being verbally attacked by managers, who when they attempt to defend themselves are told to “be quiet” on the shop floor in front of customers, including by other members of staff who are in little cliques or covens where some other members of staff are singled out to be the “whipping boy” and are regarded as a “special project” by managers and those staff in the “clique” alike (all of which is of course denied outside of this) 

• Many supermarket managers in particular have family connections to the milltary, police, Royal Mail and leftist controlled councils, living in council houses and they have serious attitude problems - while making it look like they are doing so on merit, they get their relatives and extended families into certain jobs and they are all related to each other - in management positions, power goes to their heads, they become totally arrogant and they constantly go on power trips - I’ve seen supermarket managers screaming at full volume at other members of staff in front of customers on the shop floor and in more recent versions of this, I’ve seen staff being verbally attacked by managers, who when they attempt to defend themselves are told to “be quiet” on the shop floor in front of customers, including by other members of staff who are in little cliques or covens where some other members of staff are singled out to be the “whipping boy” and are regarded as a “special project” by managers and those staff in the “clique” alike (all of which is of course denied outside of this) 

Children
No Data