Autism thing?

I wondered if the following situation is commonly experienced by other autistics?

I am out in public, walking along, minding my own business, and some random stranger says, "Cheer up, it might never happen", or words to that effect.

I find it very intrusive and usually cannot find anything witty to say, which would be an ideal response. I am hugely resentful of the concept that I owe it to complete strangers to compose my facial expression to suit their peculiar standards.

Parents
  • Some of us just have a resting *** face, I do get told to cheer up because it may never happen, I used to live near a road where there were a couple of blokees who were always saying it to random people, it seemed especially cruel as at the end of that road was a vet, a maternity unit and an oncology unit, so for some of those people "it" would of happened.

People sayiing that to me, hit's an almost instant kill switch in my brain and steam starts coming out of my ears and my fists curl, and insults start to form in my mouth, I do tell people to go and do things with lots of FF's in them, but I've never actaully hit anyone yet, maybe next time I will?

I find it an incredibly rude and horrible things to say, I find it's something more likely to be adressed to women than men and by men too.

• Some of us just have a resting *** face, I do get told to cheer up because it may never happen, I used to live near a road where there were a couple of blokees who were always saying it to random people, it seemed especially cruel as at the end of that road was a vet, a maternity unit and an oncology unit, so for some of those people "it" would of happened.

People sayiing that to me, hit's an almost instant kill switch in my brain and steam starts coming out of my ears and my fists curl, and insults start to form in my mouth, I do tell people to go and do things with lots of FF's in them, but I've never actaully hit anyone yet, maybe next time I will?

I find it an incredibly rude and horrible things to say, I find it's something more likely to be adressed to women than men and by men too.

Children
No Data