Autism thing?

I wondered if the following situation is commonly experienced by other autistics?

I am out in public, walking along, minding my own business, and some random stranger says, "Cheer up, it might never happen", or words to that effect.

I find it very intrusive and usually cannot find anything witty to say, which would be an ideal response. I am hugely resentful of the concept that I owe it to complete strangers to compose my facial expression to suit their peculiar standards.

Parents
  • When you have a resting (unmasked) expression that looks either miserable of extremely annoyed it can be an occupational risk. 

It is a mystery why people feel the need to comment, maybe do the same to the overweight, people that are less than esthetically pleasing to look at or people with visible disabilities.

Obviously they are all slim, attractive complete joys to be around.

• When you have a resting (unmasked) expression that looks either miserable of extremely annoyed it can be an occupational risk. 

It is a mystery why people feel the need to comment, maybe do the same to the overweight, people that are less than esthetically pleasing to look at or people with visible disabilities.

Obviously they are all slim, attractive complete joys to be around.

Children
No Data