Never revealing your diagnosis

The real world is not what you see online. You can talk all the exclusivity neurodivergent talk you can imagine. But in the real world, you will get singled out and it will be used against you. People can just not help themselves, they have to push your buttons, it's instinctual. If you announce you're different, that's just giving them ammo.

Telling somebody you're autistic is an invite for abuse and exploitation.Unless, you're real tough and can handle yourself, and dont break down very easily. Then disregard the advice. tell everybody. If you want. But i think most would be better served keeping it under wraps.

Parents
  • I refuse to be "in the closet" about it and am open with anyone with whom I have more than a passing acquaintance with. I'd rather find out sooner rather than later if they're going to be tedious about it. I think people guess that there's something going on with me anyway because I don't  respond or react the way they expect. Luckily I can stand up for myself both verbally and physically.

• I refuse to be "in the closet" about it and am open with anyone with whom I have more than a passing acquaintance with. I'd rather find out sooner rather than later if they're going to be tedious about it. I think people guess that there's something going on with me anyway because I don't  respond or react the way they expect. Luckily I can stand up for myself both verbally and physically.

Children