Newly Diagnosed 30 year old - ASD report next steps

Hi all,

I received my ASD diagnosis (level 1) a couple of weeks ago and felt an immediate sense of validation and exhaustion. However, I received my report yesterday and it was quite shocking to see all my problems laid out in a 13 page document... 

I'm feeling better after some sleep but wondered if anyone had any tips for the next steps? I'm planning to print it out today and start working through it systematically. The resources seem ok but they are very unspecific (e.g. they haven't said you have X trait so Y resource would help). 

Parents
  • This was intense for me too. I let it sit there for a week until I met with my therapist to go over it. The best myself and my therapist came up with was “this is what they were supposed to do, that’s their job. It isn’t there job to list out all your amazing qualities” excuse me if that sounds harsh, not meaning to Heart️ 

• Absolutely not harsh at all, thank you for sharing! I have my therapist next week, and my access to work coach in September which should help me go through and process more Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data