Has/does this happened to anyone?

whenever a certain word triggers me it sends like a physical shock into my brain (best way for me to describe it) It’s the oddest thing and only really has happened so far with certain words. I’ve tried to look things up online but not finding much. Was just curious if anyone else seems to get this?  

Parents
  • It sounds like you have cPTSD (complex post traumatic stress disorder) which is incredibly common amongst autists.

Some have major events that caused it but most have an accumulation of smaller events stemming from rejection or overload from their autistic traits that cause it.

There is a good article explaining this here:

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/what-are-ptsd-triggers

• For the most part I'm emotionally rather flat, but every so often it's like the dam safeguarding me from intense and painful emotions bursts. Triggered by something I've heard or read.It's impossible to know in advance what it'll be. I feel like I've been thrown into a deep pit of despair.

• For the most part I'm emotionally rather flat, but every so often it's like the dam safeguarding me from intense and painful emotions bursts. Triggered by something I've heard or read.It's impossible to know in advance what it'll be. I feel like I've been thrown into a deep pit of despair.

Children
No Data