I don't feel the same as many of you

I feel like an outsider here, my experiences seem very diferent, my interests different, the things I do or don't do are different. The books I find helpful or not are different. Most of you seem like lovely people, so I'm not having a go at any of you, but I just feel like I don't really belong here with the rest of you, I don't feel like it's imposter syndrome, more like I stick out like a sore thumb because of some of the above. I feel like I'm irritating people because of my differences, here I feel almost as much of an outsider as I do in NT company.

Parents
  • "The reality is that most people do not care that much about your presentation or, for that matter, think all that much about you."

People need to realize just how little of an impression they make on others. Everybody's is concerned with themselves primarily.

I have no opinion of Cat Lady, not enough data. The outsider effect is real though. But it's psychological... most of the time !

• Maybe it's because of the additional SMI that I have, but there are people here living far more advanced occupational and social lives than I have ever done. Sometimes I feel like a 3rd rate citizen here. Not because any of you treat me as such.

• Maybe it's because of the additional SMI that I have, but there are people here living far more advanced occupational and social lives than I have ever done. Sometimes I feel like a 3rd rate citizen here. Not because any of you treat me as such.

Children