I don't feel the same as many of you

I feel like an outsider here, my experiences seem very diferent, my interests different, the things I do or don't do are different. The books I find helpful or not are different. Most of you seem like lovely people, so I'm not having a go at any of you, but I just feel like I don't really belong here with the rest of you, I don't feel like it's imposter syndrome, more like I stick out like a sore thumb because of some of the above. I feel like I'm irritating people because of my differences, here I feel almost as much of an outsider as I do in NT company.

Parents
  • I don't think you stick out like a sore thumb. I know there are things I agree on like technology. Without people around to help me I would be even worse than I am. I can make quite a mess of my attempts. Like you I don't have a picture on here as that would be too hard, but well done for having a name not a number. 

I don't get some of the modern terms used on here but there are some on here with whom I have some interests in common. I think often due to similar ages.

You are one of the people whose posts I reply to so would miss them if you weren't on here. I can't say I remember a lot of things as I have a bad memory. I find some discussions intellectual so some of the time there are things I don't relate to.

I can't say I have found you irritating. I think I annoy some people in real life and that is something I do find difficult. 

I have interests that many others wouldn't have, but it seems at times I feel more at home on here with that.

I presume you like cats and it seems there are lots of others on here that would agree with you on that one. I hope you continue to post. I find solace in reading posts from other older people who were unaware until more recently. 

• I don't think you stick out like a sore thumb. I know there are things I agree on like technology. Without people around to help me I would be even worse than I am. I can make quite a mess of my attempts. Like you I don't have a picture on here as that would be too hard, but well done for having a name not a number. 

I don't get some of the modern terms used on here but there are some on here with whom I have some interests in common. I think often due to similar ages.

You are one of the people whose posts I reply to so would miss them if you weren't on here. I can't say I remember a lot of things as I have a bad memory. I find some discussions intellectual so some of the time there are things I don't relate to.

I can't say I have found you irritating. I think I annoy some people in real life and that is something I do find difficult. 

I have interests that many others wouldn't have, but it seems at times I feel more at home on here with that.

I presume you like cats and it seems there are lots of others on here that would agree with you on that one. I hope you continue to post. I find solace in reading posts from other older people who were unaware until more recently. 

Children
No Data