I don't feel the same as many of you

I feel like an outsider here, my experiences seem very diferent, my interests different, the things I do or don't do are different. The books I find helpful or not are different. Most of you seem like lovely people, so I'm not having a go at any of you, but I just feel like I don't really belong here with the rest of you, I don't feel like it's imposter syndrome, more like I stick out like a sore thumb because of some of the above. I feel like I'm irritating people because of my differences, here I feel almost as much of an outsider as I do in NT company.

Parents
  • Hi, I fully understand where you are coming from, I often don’t understand some posts and am not into tech stuff and can’t do art in anyway.

Some people here were highly educated, I wasn’t. Uni wasn’t an option for people at my school.
    I do have interests that are different to most people but I can lose interest in them suddenly. The spectrum is huge, we are all very the same but different if that makes sense. I could do all the lessons at school but none of them interested me. I think for many late diagnosed or self diagnosed, just surviving took up all our energy, especially when there was no understanding of autism and not one person who you could discuss your thoughts or how you felt to. That’s why I hang around here, also your  posts are always interesting to read.

• Hi, I fully understand where you are coming from, I often don’t understand some posts and am not into tech stuff and can’t do art in anyway.

Some people here were highly educated, I wasn’t. Uni wasn’t an option for people at my school.
    I do have interests that are different to most people but I can lose interest in them suddenly. The spectrum is huge, we are all very the same but different if that makes sense. I could do all the lessons at school but none of them interested me. I think for many late diagnosed or self diagnosed, just surviving took up all our energy, especially when there was no understanding of autism and not one person who you could discuss your thoughts or how you felt to. That’s why I hang around here, also your  posts are always interesting to read.

Children
No Data