Adult Autism Diagnosis: NHS Wait times

Hi all! I was referred by my NHS GP for an autism diagnosis and subsequently passed autism screening. Since then, I was told by administrators that I will have to wait "several years" for an assessment via the Oxfordshire Adult Autism Diagnostic and Support Service. Now I'm not sure if I should exercise my Right to Choose in order to see if I can get an assessment sooner (within a more reasonable time frame of 12-24 months). Does anyone happen to have any advice regarding NHS wait times and Right to Choose? Thank you so much in advance, it would be great to have more certainty with my diagnosis (though I recognise that many others are in the same position as me)!

Parents
  • I waited 2 years before my assessment. The secret is to chase it up after about 9 months, it seems to hurry the process on a bit. To do this, contact your GP. That would be my advice. Thumbsup

• I waited 2 years before my assessment. The secret is to chase it up after about 9 months, it seems to hurry the process on a bit. To do this, contact your GP. That would be my advice. Thumbsup

Children
No Data