Is the stereotype true that Autistic people like repetitive music?

I've always enjoyed electronic dance music as long as I can remember. Have been into DJing and music production since a young teenager. 

I like most forms of trance - psy, uplifting, tech, vocal, progressive; as well as DnB, progressive house and tech/deep house 

Parents
  • I like heavy metal a lot. Especially melodic death or metalcore or black metal. I do not identify myself with the lyrics of the songs I am listening to or the bands, I simply enjoy the music not caring about anything else. Currently I am listening to Behemoth, Agalloch and Trivium. I enjoy listening one song over and over, can be even for weeks. Little extreme there.

I also like some alternative rock (like Muse) or rock. Sadly a lot of music genres I do not like at all so I am a bit stuck with my taste.

When I was a kid/teenager (90s) I was mainly listening to rock and alternative and a little dance. To be fair I didnt really get into metal as nobody I knew listened to it.

I do not like folk, hiphop, classical or anything sounding romantical, it makes me feel unpeaceful inside. Metal and rock make me feel very very peaceful and balanced out (I am generally very balanced, but this is like the last thing I need to be very balanced).

• I like heavy metal a lot. Especially melodic death or metalcore or black metal. I do not identify myself with the lyrics of the songs I am listening to or the bands, I simply enjoy the music not caring about anything else. Currently I am listening to Behemoth, Agalloch and Trivium. I enjoy listening one song over and over, can be even for weeks. Little extreme there.

I also like some alternative rock (like Muse) or rock. Sadly a lot of music genres I do not like at all so I am a bit stuck with my taste.

When I was a kid/teenager (90s) I was mainly listening to rock and alternative and a little dance. To be fair I didnt really get into metal as nobody I knew listened to it.

I do not like folk, hiphop, classical or anything sounding romantical, it makes me feel unpeaceful inside. Metal and rock make me feel very very peaceful and balanced out (I am generally very balanced, but this is like the last thing I need to be very balanced).

Children