Is the stereotype true that Autistic people like repetitive music?

I've always enjoyed electronic dance music as long as I can remember. Have been into DJing and music production since a young teenager. 

I like most forms of trance - psy, uplifting, tech, vocal, progressive; as well as DnB, progressive house and tech/deep house 

Parents
  • Dosent lots of different styles of music have a repetitive beat? Reggae for example, even some classical music, I think that without some sort of repitition music just becomes chaotic? But then I know nothing about music except what I like.

• Yes Catwoman, a lot of styles of music repeat sequences of notes a lot. A standard "pop" song has verses and a chorus which repeats, sometimes with a short different sequence in the middle known as a bridge, which is often instrumental.

Classical music does usually repeat sequences of notes, but as it's instrumental it doesn't have the more obvious repetition of the choruses in most music with vocals. As far as I'm aware, jazz is the least repetitive and most unstructured style of music and many people (including me) find it difficult to like. But some ambient music is also not very repetitive and I like that style - easy to daydream to.

What music / songs do you like?

• I like all different sorts of music, not jazz though, I find it irritating, amibient music like Schpongle, reggae,some opera as long as it's not to screechy or sounds like the singer has their head in a bucket.

Most of all I'm interested in vocals, anything from Zadock the Priest, to Florence and the Machine, when I still had the voice to sing, I'd just sing along trying to match my voice to that of the person I was singing along too. It was only just before I lost my singing voice that I found out how good it was, a group of us were having a sing along and one guy was a former choir master from the monastry at Iona and was amazed that he couldn't find a not I couldn't sing and that I sing them with vibratto too.

• Kate Bush is amazing! I love Kate Bush. My wife loves Florence and the Machine. 

'They' say that Jazz is more fun for the performers than the listener. I'm not a fan either.

• I forgot to mention my long standing love of Scottish and Irish folk music and Kate Bush who I think is a genius who has influenced so many peope from so many different musical styles and backgrounds.

I also love Carl Orf's, Oh Fortuna, if you're unfamiliar with it listen to the real version than find the one where people have made up the lyrics based on what they think they hear, it's hilarious.

I also have an interest in medieval music, the likes of John Byrd and Thomas Tallis, anyone who can write a 42 part harmony is brilliant. It shows something I've thought for a long time, that whilst Italy painted and sculted the Renaisanse, England wrote the sound track for it. Our music was one of the wonders of Europe.

• I forgot to mention my long standing love of Scottish and Irish folk music and Kate Bush who I think is a genius who has influenced so many peope from so many different musical styles and backgrounds.

I also love Carl Orf's, Oh Fortuna, if you're unfamiliar with it listen to the real version than find the one where people have made up the lyrics based on what they think they hear, it's hilarious.

I also have an interest in medieval music, the likes of John Byrd and Thomas Tallis, anyone who can write a 42 part harmony is brilliant. It shows something I've thought for a long time, that whilst Italy painted and sculted the Renaisanse, England wrote the sound track for it. Our music was one of the wonders of Europe.

Children