Helping my partner understand

First post here, diagnosed about a month ago and now trying to get my partner to understand more as I’m also learning. It’s hard for me to express myself at times through words so I’m curious if anyone has any book recommendations that I could get him to read? Thinking

Parents
  • Welcome to the site.

The following book may be of help to them:

Loving someone with Asperger's syndrome, understanding & connecting with your partner - Ariel, Cindy N (2012)
    ISBN 9781608820771

For yourself, the following books may be helpful:

Very Late Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome - Wylie, Philip_ Beardon, Luke_ Heath, Sara  (2014)
    ISBN 9781849054331

Understanding Autism For Dummies - Stephen Shore, Linda G. Rastelli, Temple Grandin (2006)
    ISBN 0764525476

• Thanks so much! I truly hate saying this but sometimes I wish he could be in my brain for one day to allow him to truly understand /: gah I feel like an @ss even saying that. 

• "I wish he could be in my brain for one day to allow him to truly understand" THIS 100%

My wife is so supportive and is always encouraging me, but I really struggle a lot of the time.
    I have a number of health conditions in addition to my [late diagnosis] ASD which include chronic mental fatigue, FND, monocular diplopia and tinnitus.

Living with all these conditions together is bloody hard going.
    As supportive as she is, there is absolutely no way that she fully understand how much this is all impacting me.

So, with all that in mind, I'd say that you shouldn't feel like an @ss - being autistic can be so damn tough! Throw in a good helping of other conditions and its even worse.

• "I wish he could be in my brain for one day to allow him to truly understand" THIS 100%

My wife is so supportive and is always encouraging me, but I really struggle a lot of the time.
    I have a number of health conditions in addition to my [late diagnosis] ASD which include chronic mental fatigue, FND, monocular diplopia and tinnitus.

Living with all these conditions together is bloody hard going.
    As supportive as she is, there is absolutely no way that she fully understand how much this is all impacting me.

So, with all that in mind, I'd say that you shouldn't feel like an @ss - being autistic can be so damn tough! Throw in a good helping of other conditions and its even worse.

Children
No Data