Does anyone else buy lots of the same items of clothing ?

If I find a top I like, usually black or navy plain and stretch comfy material for example.  I will buy 5 or more of them so I can keep wearing them without having to wear different clothing. 

Does anyone else do this?

Parents
  • No I don't, I like to wear different clothes according to mood and season and in different colours. I don't have the money to buy multiples of things and I wear my clothes to death.

I have similar problems with nylon fabrics, they make me come over all peculiar, give me electric shocks and make my teeth hurt.

• Me too! After years of uniforms at school then working in a shop, I don't like anything that smacks of a uniform (removal of freedom of choice, and homogeneity). I might wear the same clothes for a week if they don't need washed, but I prefer wearing different colours, and rarely match anything. I have one style of top in 3 different colours, but they are similar design not identical. They will be worn until they have holes and are falling to bits.

I don't like wearing man-made fibres, and try to stick to cotton, cotton jersey materials. Nylon, including tights, are horrible next to my skin. Wools and mohair are pretty jaggy too.

• I love woollens, mohair I'm not as keen on around my face as I end up with bits in my mouth. Jaggy's a good word for nasty fabrics.

I will need a load of new winter clothes as nearly all of mine are worn out, I just hope I don't spend another winter in mens tracky bottoms because they're all I can find to fit.

• They have done for years, my problem is that I need elasticated waists due to scarring from major surgery and although they can be long in the legs it dosen't mean they're in proportion, but thanks for saying.

Reply Children
No Data