Feeling annoyed

I don't have children and don't want them. Does anyone else find children playing outside annoying. The shouting, ball bouncing and general noise. I'm very sensitive to noise and loud unexpected noise especially. I know they will grow out of it eventually but another set of kids could move in around me and then it would start all over again. Does anyone have any tips for trying to stay calm and not let it bother you 

Parents
  • Just to add I live in a detached on a cul de sac. So it's outside noise. 

• I do understand, I have a similar thing where I live, there are some kids over the hedge who are always outside screaming and roaring and bouncing around. I try and tell myself that I should be glad they're playing imaginatavly outside instead of being indoors on a screen. I've even persauded myself that it was great that the dad was outside until gone 10pm finishing a fairy castle he built for them in the garden. I'd just like to be able to enjoy my garden without feeling like I'm sharing theirs.

Apparently ear defenders and noise cancelling headphones don't work so well when it's voices rather than other background noise.

• Just reading your comment about after 10. Last night I was relieved football was over without extra time so went to bed earlier than hoped before an early start for work. I was just dropping off as I jumped at sudden noise from adults, I think it was the horn noise I thought they did when they won the match. 

Then there is the neighbours dog they let out in the evenings often for half an hour at a time. It appears other people don't understand the disturbance noise causes others.

• Just reading your comment about after 10. Last night I was relieved football was over without extra time so went to bed earlier than hoped before an early start for work. I was just dropping off as I jumped at sudden noise from adults, I think it was the horn noise I thought they did when they won the match. 

Then there is the neighbours dog they let out in the evenings often for half an hour at a time. It appears other people don't understand the disturbance noise causes others.

Children
No Data