The Weekend

Dear Friends,

Does anyone share the following-

I find the weekend lonely having few family and friends.When a Friday goes wrong and a business I am awaiting a response does no get back to me I ruminate all weekend and then wish it to be Monday so I can chase.

I wish we were more a 24/7 country so this weekend isolation was not there.

The real humdinger is a bank holiday weekend.I had the worst Easter of my life and then had to wait till Tuesday to get proper help.

What do you all think do you sure my weekend negativity any tips.?

Parents
  • If I have contacted a business with a query, I automatically tend to work on the assumption that I probably won't hear anything back until after the weekend, or bank holiday. In general, it's rare that I find the waiting to be anything more than a minor irritation.

I think that when we want something, we are not always the best at being patient. It can be easy to wish businesses operated 24/7, but if businesses adopted the same mentality, I'm not so sure that I would welcome them contacting me at a weekend, or during a bank holiday. For me, this may possibly have something to do with the fact that I belong to a generation where weekends and bank holidays were considered sacred.

You say you find weekends lonely and isolating, and I think that is the main issue for you. When you're able to chase up businesses, it then helps to lift you out of feeling lonely and isolated because it is contact of sorts. This is just my opinion based on what you have posted.

• I think you are so true and like you when life is normal I too have a detox from business emails etc .What has happened is my life is so awful at the moment and I am on a losing streak thanks for you advice though it has helped

• Hopefully, your life will improve for you and will soon stop feeling quite as awful.

When I'm feeling lonely and isolated, I try to find ways of distracting my thoughts so that I don't end up sitting and brooding. Sometimes it works, particularly if I'm absorbed with something that brings me pleasure and joy. Sometimes it doesn't, in which case I remind myself those thoughts and feelings won't last forever.

• Hopefully, your life will improve for you and will soon stop feeling quite as awful.

When I'm feeling lonely and isolated, I try to find ways of distracting my thoughts so that I don't end up sitting and brooding. Sometimes it works, particularly if I'm absorbed with something that brings me pleasure and joy. Sometimes it doesn't, in which case I remind myself those thoughts and feelings won't last forever.

Children
No Data