Do you consider your problems to be situational?

For example, while I don't expect that getting a job will solve everything for me, I expect it will take a significant amount of stress off my shoulders. 

You see the blanket statements on social media that "money doesn't buy happiness" - yes, it doesn't. However, it definitely improves your life.

I do consider a lot of my problems to be situational, if a few things changed here and there, it'd make a world of difference. If I switched my manual car for an automatic, I would enjoy driving more and not stress out as much.

Parents
  • I can't say with absolute certainty, but I think I would have done better  in life, with appropriate and  timely help and support. For most of my time as a psych patient it wasn't there. I was seen in a bad light for not living up to expectations. That only changed on moving to be near my daughter, when I was 60. She put the record straight with MH services here before I moved. That I had genuine difficulties, and wasn't just some maladjusted malcontent.

Too much water had gone under the bridge to reverse the decades of damage, but since I've been here I've been treated with courtesy  and kindness.

• I can't say with absolute certainty, but I think I would have done better  in life, with appropriate and  timely help and support. For most of my time as a psych patient it wasn't there. I was seen in a bad light for not living up to expectations. That only changed on moving to be near my daughter, when I was 60. She put the record straight with MH services here before I moved. That I had genuine difficulties, and wasn't just some maladjusted malcontent.

Too much water had gone under the bridge to reverse the decades of damage, but since I've been here I've been treated with courtesy  and kindness.

Children