Do you consider your problems to be situational?

For example, while I don't expect that getting a job will solve everything for me, I expect it will take a significant amount of stress off my shoulders. 

You see the blanket statements on social media that "money doesn't buy happiness" - yes, it doesn't. However, it definitely improves your life.

I do consider a lot of my problems to be situational, if a few things changed here and there, it'd make a world of difference. If I switched my manual car for an automatic, I would enjoy driving more and not stress out as much.

Parents
  • while I don't expect that getting a job will solve everything for me, I expect it will take a significant amount of stress off my shoulders. 

How about:

• It will give you an income
    • It will give you more self respect and sense of achievement
    • It will give you contacts for developing a career if you want it.
    • It will fill a sizable chunk of your time so you have less time to navel-gaze.
    • You will develop new skills and remind you that you are capable of more
    • You will start contributing to a pension pot most likely so are already preparing for your old age.
    • You will qualify for sick pay so have a chance to make money even when ill.

Plenty to look forward to I would say :)

• while I don't expect that getting a job will solve everything for me, I expect it will take a significant amount of stress off my shoulders. 

How about:

• It will give you an income
    • It will give you more self respect and sense of achievement
    • It will give you contacts for developing a career if you want it.
    • It will fill a sizable chunk of your time so you have less time to navel-gaze.
    • You will develop new skills and remind you that you are capable of more
    • You will start contributing to a pension pot most likely so are already preparing for your old age.
    • You will qualify for sick pay so have a chance to make money even when ill.

Plenty to look forward to I would say :)

Children