Isolation and lonliness

1. Is being friendless and isolated common amongst people who are on the autistic spectrum.
  2. What do people suggest, to try and combat this!!
  3. Mick
Parents
  • I struggle with isolation because I oscillate between trying to fit in and hating myself, and retreating because it turns out I actually hate everyone else (an over exaggeration to some extent)

I’d love an index of readily available people I could talk to about a specific topic, at a specific time, with no introduction required, with no judgement. 

I’ve learnt that most people don’t operate like that, they cultivate friendships by an ‘always on’ approach which I can’t keep up with, but I crave when I do want connection,

I don’t have a solution to your question, other than maybe we just feel isolated because we’re different and don’t conform to the standard definitions of  friendship and connection.

ps happy to be your friend, promise I’m not as bleak as I sound 

• I struggle with isolation because I oscillate between trying to fit in and hating myself, and retreating because it turns out I actually hate everyone else (an over exaggeration to some extent)

I’d love an index of readily available people I could talk to about a specific topic, at a specific time, with no introduction required, with no judgement. 

I’ve learnt that most people don’t operate like that, they cultivate friendships by an ‘always on’ approach which I can’t keep up with, but I crave when I do want connection,

I don’t have a solution to your question, other than maybe we just feel isolated because we’re different and don’t conform to the standard definitions of  friendship and connection.

ps happy to be your friend, promise I’m not as bleak as I sound 

Children
No Data