ASD Struggling with antidepressants & getting back to work

Hi,

I'm a newly diagnosed adult ASD Aspergers. Before the diagnosis I was put on anti depressants Venlaflaxine 300mg and Melatonin to sleep. I have been absent from work for 2 months now after my mask slipped and stayed off.  1)I have no idea if the Venlaflaxine is a contradiction to ASD 2) I can't even think about going back to work, the thought gives me butterflies in my stomach. 3) is there more appropriate meds for ASD suffering with high levels of anxiety. 4) what the hell do I do next?

Sorry if my question is unstructured. Bad day today and head is jumbled. 

Thank you

Ed

Parents
  • I’m sorry my friend but no such medicine exists yet. Well it does but trust me you don’t want to get involved with benzodiazepines as they are too addictive. Antidepressants are the best you’ll get just now. It’s just about accepting this. It kind of sucks I know but antidepressants are the best treatment for anxiety these days. Especially the one your on venlafaxine it’s a top choice in terms of side effects and stuff. I seen a BBC documentary about giving the probiotic Bio Kult to people with anxiety for 1 month and it seemed to help most of the participants. Doesn’t mean it will work or you should try it but yeh in case you might find it interesting. Hope this helps. By the way that dose of 300mg is massive haha. I’ve never known anyone to be on a dose of venlafaxine that high before.

• I’m sorry my friend but no such medicine exists yet. Well it does but trust me you don’t want to get involved with benzodiazepines as they are too addictive. Antidepressants are the best you’ll get just now. It’s just about accepting this. It kind of sucks I know but antidepressants are the best treatment for anxiety these days. Especially the one your on venlafaxine it’s a top choice in terms of side effects and stuff. I seen a BBC documentary about giving the probiotic Bio Kult to people with anxiety for 1 month and it seemed to help most of the participants. Doesn’t mean it will work or you should try it but yeh in case you might find it interesting. Hope this helps. By the way that dose of 300mg is massive haha. I’ve never known anyone to be on a dose of venlafaxine that high before.

Children