Just got my autism results

got a call in the afternoon letting me know clinical partners can confirm a diagnosis for autism. And I’m not sure if this is shock or the actual realisation but I feel like it’s not true and I’m still lying… almost wanting to seek a second opinion,

I haven’t gotten my report yet so I’ll wait to read that.

Not sure if this is a normal reaction but I’m low-key scared.

I know I was the one that went seeking a diagnosis and now I have it i don’t want it Weary ungrateful much.

thanks for reading 

Parents
  • Your reaction is normal for you. There's no right or wrong reaction with this. I remember after I was told I was autistic I just froze and stared at the wall for about ten minutes...weird reaction but I think it was just the shock and also realisation that at last, I knew who I was. 

It's a lot to take in all at once. A lot of processing required, but you'll get there. Take it one day, one step at a time. You've got this my friend. :) 

Oh, and welcome to the autistic club. Coolest club in the world. 

• Your reaction is normal for you. There's no right or wrong reaction with this. I remember after I was told I was autistic I just froze and stared at the wall for about ten minutes...weird reaction but I think it was just the shock and also realisation that at last, I knew who I was. 

It's a lot to take in all at once. A lot of processing required, but you'll get there. Take it one day, one step at a time. You've got this my friend. :) 

Oh, and welcome to the autistic club. Coolest club in the world. 

Children
No Data