Being blocked on social media by someone you know

Regardless of the reason, how does it leave you feeling?

It's rarely someone I'm likely to bump into, but even then I start to worry "what will happen if I bump into them?".

I can understand that they did it as a self-protective measure, but obviously my belief is "they must hate me and think I'm horrible". 

Parents
  • I have only experienced it once, and that was with a friend who had previously lived in the next road to mine.

We had been friends on Facebook, and after thinking it strange that I'd not been seeing any posts from her in my newsfeed, I realised she had disappeared from my Friends List.

Initially I felt hurt and confused, but not to the extent of losing sleep worrying about it.

There was one day when I was out and saw her walking towards me. I smiled and said "Hello", but she just seemed to blank me and walk straight past me. I felt sad, as we had known each other for several years. My son and her children had often played together when they were young and had attended the same primary school.

I know we autists can have a tendency to jump to what we consider to be the worst-case scenario, and to think we are somehow at fault. In my opinion, tying ourselves up in knots speculating about 'the reason' is a pointless exercise.

• I have only experienced it once, and that was with a friend who had previously lived in the next road to mine.

We had been friends on Facebook, and after thinking it strange that I'd not been seeing any posts from her in my newsfeed, I realised she had disappeared from my Friends List.

Initially I felt hurt and confused, but not to the extent of losing sleep worrying about it.

There was one day when I was out and saw her walking towards me. I smiled and said "Hello", but she just seemed to blank me and walk straight past me. I felt sad, as we had known each other for several years. My son and her children had often played together when they were young and had attended the same primary school.

I know we autists can have a tendency to jump to what we consider to be the worst-case scenario, and to think we are somehow at fault. In my opinion, tying ourselves up in knots speculating about 'the reason' is a pointless exercise.

Children