Should I be feeling this as well??

New here & reading through many of the posts, I see that a lot of people are

- worried about not fitting in
- worried how people see them
- feeling not good enough
- worried about being accepted by others
And so much more

Should I be worried that I don't feel any of these things? I see a lot of emotional heartache & sadness caused by these concerns. There are so many posts that I am beginning to think, should I have picked up on the fact that I do not feel these things myself sooner?
It doesn't upset me that I have missed this. I feel more curious as to why, & why I don't feel this way & wondering if I should be. 
I won't be addressing it as I don't see it as a problem to be solved, or something I should try to alter. This is who I am & I accept it. It also doesn't mean that I don't feel concerned for the hurt these things are causing others or feel empathy.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Parents
  • Should I be worried that I don't feel any of these things?

My opinion is no - you should not be worried.

It is better to be content in what you do and feel than to try to be a sheep and do what the others do.

Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) is a big problem for so many people and it makes them do stupid stuff to try to fit it, but to what end?

To me is sounds like you have a very healthy approach to this subject.

• Thank you for your reply Iain & for the compliment.

I understand. And I have never been good as a follower. I always find ways of heading in my own direction hehe! Smiley
    There are things I would like to do in life, but if they don't happen, they don't happen.

Maybe because of my life experiences I have learnt to take each day as it comes & to do whatever I can to make the best of that day.

I believe we have a choice in what we do. And that's not to say if something bad happens that I am not upset about it. I may even cry about it. But then you have to take the next step in your life's journey & it is up to you which path you take.

Sun with face

• Thank you for your reply Iain & for the compliment.

I understand. And I have never been good as a follower. I always find ways of heading in my own direction hehe! Smiley
    There are things I would like to do in life, but if they don't happen, they don't happen.

Maybe because of my life experiences I have learnt to take each day as it comes & to do whatever I can to make the best of that day.

I believe we have a choice in what we do. And that's not to say if something bad happens that I am not upset about it. I may even cry about it. But then you have to take the next step in your life's journey & it is up to you which path you take.

Sun with face

Children
No Data