Should I be feeling this as well??

New here & reading through many of the posts, I see that a lot of people are

- worried about not fitting in
- worried how people see them
- feeling not good enough
- worried about being accepted by others
And so much more

Should I be worried that I don't feel any of these things? I see a lot of emotional heartache & sadness caused by these concerns. There are so many posts that I am beginning to think, should I have picked up on the fact that I do not feel these things myself sooner?
It doesn't upset me that I have missed this. I feel more curious as to why, & why I don't feel this way & wondering if I should be. 
I won't be addressing it as I don't see it as a problem to be solved, or something I should try to alter. This is who I am & I accept it. It also doesn't mean that I don't feel concerned for the hurt these things are causing others or feel empathy.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Parents
  • If some of the things that worry others don't worry you then don't worry about not worrying. I'm sure there are plenty of things that worry you, but wouldn't worry me or some others. It's OK to be different, even and especially when ones autistic.

• If some of the things that worry others don't worry you then don't worry about not worrying. I'm sure there are plenty of things that worry you, but wouldn't worry me or some others. It's OK to be different, even and especially when ones autistic.

Children
  • Thank you TheCatWomen

Worry isn't really something I have to deal with much. I tend to see it as a waste of time when I could be putting my mind to better use.
    But I feel that is a failing of mine & I don't mean that as an insult or disrespect to others either. I understand those feeling are genuine & that is how others deal with events in their lives. I guess my mind just doesn't work in that way. 
    Much worry is cause by fear which I don't own a lot of.

I am more like a fly on the wall watching someone (myself) as they journey through life. Quite dethatched at times. I doubt this is a good thing!
    But this is who I am.

And like you say, it is okay to be different Slight smile