Is this a common experience?

In friendships in the past, I used to believe that if I was not someone's favourite person (or one of their favourites), I was unimportant to them. Or that I could be easily replaced.

I realise now that that feeling was probably a sign that it wasn't going to work out, and I didn't communicate things as clearly.

I wondered if anyone else has felt this.

Parents
  • It could be. I expect a lot off autistic people experience this when trying to make friends. 

When I was trying to mix with the girls in my class I used to be really anxious with those kinds of thoughts. Used to be on my mind all the time worrying I wasn't good enough and they might ditch me. I was so insecure and no confidence.

I've since started being myself and realised it doesn't really matter now and I shouldn't have to think that way. Same as you shouldn't have had to worry like that. 

It was my first friendship and I didn't know how to act or what to say. 

Next time I'll be better prepared. Learn from last time that's how I try to play it now. 
  • It could be. I expect a lot off autistic people experience this when trying to make friends. 

When I was trying to mix with the girls in my class I used to be really anxious with those kinds of thoughts. Used to be on my mind all the time worrying I wasn't good enough and they might ditch me. I was so insecure and no confidence.

I've since started being myself and realised it doesn't really matter now and I shouldn't have to think that way. Same as you shouldn't have had to worry like that. 

It was my first friendship and I didn't know how to act or what to say. 

Next time I'll be better prepared. Learn from last time that's how I try to play it now. 
Children
No Data