Disabled Facilities Grant for Sound proofing

Has anyone had any luck gaining a Disabled Facilities Grant as an autistic person?

I have registered with my local health group for the grant and have spoken with a person for an initial outline of what I need the grant for.

I intend to request a grant to soundproof my bedroom due to my noise sensitivity. The bedroom backs onto a park, and I have had many issues with noise disturbances over the years, from foxes barking to antisocial noise, which have greatly impacted my quality of sleep.

I was told that I would be referred to an OT for assessment and that the council would need substantial evidence of why soundproofing is needed.

I hope that others can share their news and successes/failures and also if they were able to gain evidence.

Kind regards,

Jason

Parents
  • I'm at the application stage for housing.  One housing association have said they can sound proof a house before I move in if one comes up next year I'm matched o.  In one other area I'm applying the local council told me they have helped people with sound proofing before via the facilities grant so there is precedent for this being done.

• I'm at the application stage for housing.  One housing association have said they can sound proof a house before I move in if one comes up next year I'm matched o.  In one other area I'm applying the local council told me they have helped people with sound proofing before via the facilities grant so there is precedent for this being done.

Children
No Data