Why does everybody ghost me?

Even on here, people don't seem very interested in making friends! The number of people that just send me about 3 or 4 pms on here and then stop writing to me is ridiculous. Surely autistic people would want friends more, and be more sympathetic towards the fact that I'm lonely, and be able to relate more to the difficulty I have forming relationships? Why do so many people just end up ghosting me? Why aren't people interested in getting to know me? And is there anything I can do about it?

Parents
  • I know many people here, in this forum (me included) who can find PMs a difficult/awkward method of communication.

I think you "become" friends (over time) with people who can identify a connection with you.  I find the idea of being able to "make" friends with anyone, a very dubious concept.

This is  just my opinion.....but I wanted to mention that the things that "we" autistic people find weird or awkward (especially around friendship) is VERY varied.  It is helpful to remember this if you are looking to find connections with people ( again, purely my opinion.)

Good luck Mark.

• I know many people here, in this forum (me included) who can find PMs a difficult/awkward method of communication.

I think you "become" friends (over time) with people who can identify a connection with you.  I find the idea of being able to "make" friends with anyone, a very dubious concept.

This is  just my opinion.....but I wanted to mention that the things that "we" autistic people find weird or awkward (especially around friendship) is VERY varied.  It is helpful to remember this if you are looking to find connections with people ( again, purely my opinion.)

Good luck Mark.

Children
No Data