In tears at NAS

I am so upset, 

I am in a terrible situation, I live in a flat and next door are drug sellers (and users) they have had knives in the close, they have thrown a metal crutch out of the window and they are always loitering in the close. 

I have called police on lots of occasions: the neighbours are arrested and kept in jail for up to a week or so and then are let free. I have complained over five years to the housing, I cant get out my flat much due to them as they are intimidating and horrible. Sometimes there are lots of men in the close. my housing wont help. 

I attended a NAS meeting near me once, and could not get to other meetings due to the neighbours behaviours. There is a housing I could get if I proved that I attended support NAS meetings by getting a letter from NAS but it is a catch 22 NAS will not give me the letter unless I attend more meetings. 

I told the lady at nas that i had been abused once by a man years ago and that I cant go private rent as I have visual stress and need to decorate in a nice way. She was very cold and ended up ghosting me. She did not even say she was sorry to hear about everything I was going through and I feel I was tossed aside by her. I felt that they did not know how to converse with autistic people. 

[Image removed by moderation team as it identified another person] 

Parents
  • Hi Rose

I am sorry to hear that you have been having such a difficult time. I understand that you felt let down by the interaction you had with someone linked to the NAS. You may want to visit our Tell us what you think page for ways to contact us, so that your concern will be logged, acknowledged and responded to in line with the NAS Complaints Resolution Policy & Procedure. 

We have edited your post to remove the image which clearly identified another person. This is against rule 2: "This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details." 

You may wish to seek support from an advocate- there are details of some local advocacy services in our Autism Services Directory or you can search for ‘[name of local authority] + advocacy’ using a search engine.

You may also find our web page on criminal justice helpful. 

Best wishes

Sharon Mod

• thank you Sharon mod. Let's hope you can do something.

Reply Children
No Data