Autism and borderline personality disorder

Hi, I am recently diagnosed with ASD (2 weeks) and BPD(3 years) does anyone else suffer from this comorbidity, and how do you cope? Any advice welcomed.

Parents
  • Yes, I have BPD, though I prefer the European term, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, I think it’s a bit clearer where the issues lay. I also have traits of OCD and traits of Asperger’s and I agree, it can be exhausting.

Many of the traits overlap with each other, I don’t know therefore if we/I get a double whammy of it all? A right cocktail Tropical drink.

Do you agree with your diagnosis? Because I think acceptance has a big part to play.

• Yes, I have BPD, though I prefer the European term, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, I think it’s a bit clearer where the issues lay. I also have traits of OCD and traits of Asperger’s and I agree, it can be exhausting.

Many of the traits overlap with each other, I don’t know therefore if we/I get a double whammy of it all? A right cocktail Tropical drink.

Do you agree with your diagnosis? Because I think acceptance has a big part to play.

Children
No Data