Am I losing the plot

I have what I think of as an inner monologue but I think of these as the 'critical me' as it is always telling me what I am doing wrong.  I am always second-guessing myself. and running through alternate scenarios.  I have no issue with this as ultimately it is reassuring. as it prepares me for events that may happen.

I am concerned about my very active imagination. I get so involved in what I imagine in my head that I speak my part out loud in these imaginings.  I am very clear that these scenarios are not real, but at times I am unaware that I am speaking aloud and it looks like I am conversing with myself.

Does this happen to anyone else?

• normal , but I know it feels weird. I think we practice scenarios maybe. Maybe to learn from them, or we are obsessing with the pretend characters, or whatever. It's normal. 

• Does this happen to anyone else?

I do think in what can be considered an internal voice for my slow paced, day-to-day thinking but can shift into a more visual format when considering more complex stuff or for anything fast paced.

I am quite self critical but the thoughts are my self analysis and just reflect my line of reasoning.

There is quite a good explanation of the auditory hallucination phenomenon here:

https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/i-hear-voices-in-my-head#potential-causes

If you are finding the throughts overly critical or intrusive then it can be an indicator of shizophrenia or bipolar (also neurodivergent conditions) so it may be worth speaking to a therapist to rule this out or to get tested.

From the summary section of the article:

Hearing voices isn’t always a cause for concern. You probably don’t need to worry if:

- you don’t feel disconnected from reality
    - auditory hallucinations don’t affect your everyday life
    - you don’t have other symptoms
    - the voices don’t bother you or encourage you to hurt anyone
    - you hear voices very rarely

Hearing voices that say cruel or unkind things, however, can affect your sense of self-worth and emotional well-being.

Even if you don’t have other symptoms, a trained therapist can offer non-judgmental guidance and support.

• I don't speak out loud, but I do have a very active imagination. I wouldn't worry about it as everyone will think you're on a phone call and ignore you, not like the old days when talking to yourself out loud was seen as crazy. Sometimes I still have problems with people apparently talking to themselves who are on the phone.