Holidaying with neurotypical friends

Morning everyone, 

I’m going on a long weekend holiday with two of my friends. We’ve been friends for years and although we are quite different, we’ve always got along well. They both know I’m autistic. But we have never spent more than a day together and I’m a bit anxious about the whole weekend and being overwhelmed. 

Is it really self centred to just prewarn them that I may just need some time in my own head towards the end of the day and for them not to take it the wrong way? I already know the lack of routine will be a bit of an issue as they are very laid back and don’t make plans Sweat smile

Anyone else been in this situation? 

Parents
  • Hi, I would be honest with them- you want to make sure all of you have a good time and I think it will help if you tell them about maybe needing some alone time so that you feel comfortable taking it if you need it. Have a great trip!!

• Hi, I would be honest with them- you want to make sure all of you have a good time and I think it will help if you tell them about maybe needing some alone time so that you feel comfortable taking it if you need it. Have a great trip!!

Children
No Data