Feelings

Does anyone here struggle to understand how they feel? 

I'm recently diagnosed, and since knowing that I'm autistic, I feel as though the symptoms of it are much clearer to me now. I know that I'm feeling either bad or good, but I can't necessarily pin point the reason why or the specific emotion attached to. Its as though I've gone through so many difficult times (not trauma or a specific bad event, just bad memories) that everything seems to trigger some emotions which are negative. It's extremely frustrating because it puts my day off massively, and no one can comfort me because I either don't tell them, or I can't even tell them what's wrong. 

Parents Reply Children
  • Ha ha ha, I'd forgotten about the nerve pinch, no I can't but it would be useful sometimes. Even if I was a Vulcan, I'd probably still have some sort of disorder by their standards! Maybe they'd call it HSD (Human spectrum disorder) and the guidance for diagnosis might be something like this:

"While Vulcans on the Human spectrum display a normal sense of revulsion to describing emotions, they do have several deficits which differ from neurotypical Vulcans:

- Deficits in emotion dampening, causing inappropriate behaviour such as crying

- An inability to use the nerve pinch to cause people to become unconscious

- An inability to mind meld with other conscious beings

- A distinct lack of pointy ears"