Nvm

Nvm

Parents
  • That’s a shame that sounds hard. I am not sure how I handle meltdowns to answer your question. I suppose I manage it with the use of alcohol but that isn’t a very helpful coping strategy so I am trying to find something else healthier to replace it with. I find medication quite helpful so is mindfulness. Relaxing music helps too. I have tried medications before and found the sedating ones to be particularly helpful as an only as needed choice. However I guess there is nothing wrong with drinking now and again to ease up is there? But when you need it to ease up in social situations as I feel I do it can become a bit of a nuisance. But yeh you could try meds I am on them and they help. They don’t cure autism however I mean nothing does nor should you want to cure it as it is what makes you you at the end of the day!

• That’s a shame that sounds hard. I am not sure how I handle meltdowns to answer your question. I suppose I manage it with the use of alcohol but that isn’t a very helpful coping strategy so I am trying to find something else healthier to replace it with. I find medication quite helpful so is mindfulness. Relaxing music helps too. I have tried medications before and found the sedating ones to be particularly helpful as an only as needed choice. However I guess there is nothing wrong with drinking now and again to ease up is there? But when you need it to ease up in social situations as I feel I do it can become a bit of a nuisance. But yeh you could try meds I am on them and they help. They don’t cure autism however I mean nothing does nor should you want to cure it as it is what makes you you at the end of the day!

Children
No Data