Do you ever miss real shops?

I do, I miss being able to go to a physical shop and look and try stuff on, some times I want a good old mindless wander around shops, a bit of retail therapy. The internets just not hte same, you don't get to feel or see the size or quality of what you're buying and so much of it is rubbish and not as described.

Parents
  • this shop isn’t for people like you”

I actually get that feeling in many shops,  the saying just comes into my head and I leave of my own free will.  The trigger is either the piped music, the other customers or just the general atmosphere. 

• Yes, or in my case customer assistants attacking me at the entrance and trying to offer me something. I know it’s their job, but I like to take my time to see something and sometimes I tell them, thank you I don’t need help now if I have questions I will ask. I don’t want to sound rude but it’s really annoying for me but I know some people like it. Usually if I know that I’m this particular shop the customer service is so “invasive” I don’t go there anymore. 

• I used to hate being accosted by shop assistants too, there was one where I told her that her coming up and bugging me all the time had actually put me off going in there and buying anything and I would only go in there now if I didn't see her hanging about outside the door like a an ambush salesperson. There has only ever been one clothes shop that used to try and do that, it was one that I didn't like anyway so the predatory ambush sales tactics never really got to me, either that or all shops did it and took one look at me and decided that none of their clothes would fit me anyway and left me alone. There was one really old fashioned dress shop in Lampeter where they had almost no clothes on show and you just went in and said you wanted a summer dress or something and the assistants would get a selection to show you. I remember going shopping with my Mum when I was a very little girl and this being how clothes shops were. I've been herded out of a few shops too, I don't know if the assistants were just embarassed to have someone like me in their shop or if they thought I was going to steal something, it was very uncomfortable though.

• I used to hate being accosted by shop assistants too, there was one where I told her that her coming up and bugging me all the time had actually put me off going in there and buying anything and I would only go in there now if I didn't see her hanging about outside the door like a an ambush salesperson. There has only ever been one clothes shop that used to try and do that, it was one that I didn't like anyway so the predatory ambush sales tactics never really got to me, either that or all shops did it and took one look at me and decided that none of their clothes would fit me anyway and left me alone. There was one really old fashioned dress shop in Lampeter where they had almost no clothes on show and you just went in and said you wanted a summer dress or something and the assistants would get a selection to show you. I remember going shopping with my Mum when I was a very little girl and this being how clothes shops were. I've been herded out of a few shops too, I don't know if the assistants were just embarassed to have someone like me in their shop or if they thought I was going to steal something, it was very uncomfortable though.

Children