Do you ever miss real shops?

I do, I miss being able to go to a physical shop and look and try stuff on, some times I want a good old mindless wander around shops, a bit of retail therapy. The internets just not hte same, you don't get to feel or see the size or quality of what you're buying and so much of it is rubbish and not as described.

Parents
  • Real shops are important in my opinion. Dealing with returns through internet retail can be a pain. There's a lot to be said for buying food fresh and picking it yourself. I think regularly going food shopping makes living in a community, whether it's a city, town or village, more interesting as you're getting outside and interacting with people, even if only briefly. Seeing what is on offer brings novelty and some excitement. You don't know who you will bump into which can also be fun. I wouldn't like to get all my food delivered like some people do because that's usually a once a week deal and that means the better foods will perish before the end of the week. If I'm buying clothes I also like real shops because like you I'd prefer to try something on as sizes aren't always reliable indicators and it's easier to tell if I want something after looking in a mirror. It's also nice to keep high streets as alive as possible as if they go, then places become more empty to live in. 

• Real shops are important in my opinion. Dealing with returns through internet retail can be a pain. There's a lot to be said for buying food fresh and picking it yourself. I think regularly going food shopping makes living in a community, whether it's a city, town or village, more interesting as you're getting outside and interacting with people, even if only briefly. Seeing what is on offer brings novelty and some excitement. You don't know who you will bump into which can also be fun. I wouldn't like to get all my food delivered like some people do because that's usually a once a week deal and that means the better foods will perish before the end of the week. If I'm buying clothes I also like real shops because like you I'd prefer to try something on as sizes aren't always reliable indicators and it's easier to tell if I want something after looking in a mirror. It's also nice to keep high streets as alive as possible as if they go, then places become more empty to live in. 

Children
No Data