How many of you also have ADHD?

How many of you went for an autism assessment and advised to also get assessed for ADHD?

This was written in my report for autism:

"The results of this assessment are consistent with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder – with significant traits of ADHD."

Elsewhere it said:

"... traits of ADHD were observed during this assessment process, such as, marked restless, inability to maintain activities, poor organisation, and avoiding tasks requiring sustained mental effort. Therefore, the clinician recommends for R to discuss this matter with her GP, for a referral an assessment for an ADHD diagnosis to be considered. This will determine if she meets the criteria, thereby receive the relevant support."

So I have now asked for an assessment for ADHD.

Parents
  • I also have ADHD. My psychiatrist first told me that it my ADHD traits might be because of my autism and some symptoms overlap each other. But he gave me an ADHD questionnaire and it eventually was ADHD and not just traits. I have problems with organizing tasks, hyperactivity, "out of sight, out of mind", executive dysfunction, etc.

To be honest, both diagnosis finally helped me realize what's really happening to me. I hope the same happens for you too, whether you have adhd or not, it's still an important information! 

Good luck Four leaf clover

• I also have ADHD. My psychiatrist first told me that it my ADHD traits might be because of my autism and some symptoms overlap each other. But he gave me an ADHD questionnaire and it eventually was ADHD and not just traits. I have problems with organizing tasks, hyperactivity, "out of sight, out of mind", executive dysfunction, etc.

To be honest, both diagnosis finally helped me realize what's really happening to me. I hope the same happens for you too, whether you have adhd or not, it's still an important information! 

Good luck Four leaf clover

Children
No Data