How many of you also have ADHD?

How many of you went for an autism assessment and advised to also get assessed for ADHD?

This was written in my report for autism:

"The results of this assessment are consistent with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder – with significant traits of ADHD."

Elsewhere it said:

"... traits of ADHD were observed during this assessment process, such as, marked restless, inability to maintain activities, poor organisation, and avoiding tasks requiring sustained mental effort. Therefore, the clinician recommends for R to discuss this matter with her GP, for a referral an assessment for an ADHD diagnosis to be considered. This will determine if she meets the criteria, thereby receive the relevant support."

So I have now asked for an assessment for ADHD.

Parents
  • I was looking at this topic online yesterday. It seems like some of the symptom list is the reverse of Autism. I find it quite difficult to interpret some of the symptoms. Like a symptom such as "having a short attention span and being easily distracted" taken from the NHS website. In things I am interested in I can be very focused, but in those I have had little interest in I would have met that as a child as well, especially in subjects I was not taking. Generally I would say if I do have some traits I could live with it and nobody has ever mentioned it to me unlike has been the case with Autism.. I am still learning about my Autism  diagnosis in 2022 even though I had been treated that way informally since 2015.

• I was looking at this topic online yesterday. It seems like some of the symptom list is the reverse of Autism. I find it quite difficult to interpret some of the symptoms. Like a symptom such as "having a short attention span and being easily distracted" taken from the NHS website. In things I am interested in I can be very focused, but in those I have had little interest in I would have met that as a child as well, especially in subjects I was not taking. Generally I would say if I do have some traits I could live with it and nobody has ever mentioned it to me unlike has been the case with Autism.. I am still learning about my Autism  diagnosis in 2022 even though I had been treated that way informally since 2015.

Children
No Data