How many of you also have ADHD?

How many of you went for an autism assessment and advised to also get assessed for ADHD?

This was written in my report for autism:

"The results of this assessment are consistent with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder – with significant traits of ADHD."

Elsewhere it said:

"... traits of ADHD were observed during this assessment process, such as, marked restless, inability to maintain activities, poor organisation, and avoiding tasks requiring sustained mental effort. Therefore, the clinician recommends for R to discuss this matter with her GP, for a referral an assessment for an ADHD diagnosis to be considered. This will determine if she meets the criteria, thereby receive the relevant support."

So I have now asked for an assessment for ADHD.

Parents Reply Children
  • This meme isn't representative of either.

Autism and ADHD are similar neurotypes differing only slightly. Autism is a communication/social difference. ADHD is like living in a faster plane of reality.

Both are heavier Right Brain, thus better connected to a sense of Eternal and being-in-the moment rather than the Left lobe chronology time stream. "Time blindness" was one researchers in ability to check these differences. 

ADHD will feel a sense of calm or ease with stimulants. 

Both experience Stress related Anxiety, but ADHD will also have a social anxiety as they tend to speak both Autistic and NT. Both can be hyper-sensory and easily hyper-focused but Autism tends to have a small percent who are hypo-sensory, though this is still being researched.

Both catch detail, but ADHD catch all the social implications as well. 

If you want to succeed, pair up with an ADHD'r. They'll be driven to start a ton of things which the Autistic will be driven to finish.

• I don't think it was mentioned, but I don't think I have it.