Overwhelmed

How do you cope when it feels like every aspect of your life is changing?

I feel SO overwhelmed, I don't know how to physically cope! 
I feel so emotional but don't feel like anybody really gets what I am feeling. Everybody around me seems to be going about life so easily when there is so much change happening, I can feel myself bubbling with so many emotions, but, I don't know how to deal with them.
I kind of feel like I am outside of my body just watching a shell of myself wandering around trying to figure out where to go next...

Parents
  • I kind of feel like I am outside of my body just watching a shell of myself wandering around trying to figure out where to go next...

My tip for this - write it down and rationalise it.

Make a mini-project for it so any decisions are reasoned and justified for the bigger picture of things. From this you will be able to work out the tasks needed to get the project done and can just get stuck in and deal with them.

Taking control of this should go a long way to dealing with the emotional side of things as you are now actively managing the change and your response to it wherever possible.

If you can afford it, getting a therapist with autistic experience is a great way to show you a load of other techniques to help.

At the end of the day you need to take control of it and these are the best ways I can recommend.

• I kind of feel like I am outside of my body just watching a shell of myself wandering around trying to figure out where to go next...

My tip for this - write it down and rationalise it.

Make a mini-project for it so any decisions are reasoned and justified for the bigger picture of things. From this you will be able to work out the tasks needed to get the project done and can just get stuck in and deal with them.

Taking control of this should go a long way to dealing with the emotional side of things as you are now actively managing the change and your response to it wherever possible.

If you can afford it, getting a therapist with autistic experience is a great way to show you a load of other techniques to help.

At the end of the day you need to take control of it and these are the best ways I can recommend.

Children
No Data