Anger issues

I have come to realise I have an issue with anger. I have been feeling more and more irritable these last few months and it’s making me prone to angry outbursts. I hate it because I don’t deal with anger very well at all. I yell, kick things and hurt myself which obviously isn’t healthy. I’m on a waiting list for an anger management course.

Anyone else? Any advice would also be appreciated.

Parents
  • Most likely it's built up unresolved matters. 

Being autistic, you may sense a need to resolve everything. What compounds this is often being brought up (like most of us) with unhealthy expectations, a lack of being taught how to troubleshoot let alone recognise and fix triggers (halogens in most of the house but a few places relieved a lot of stress for me), rarely being afforded agency or shown how to assert good boundaries... the list goes on.

In my life, I'm overworked and underpaid, was never properly helped through uni, fired from a myriad of jobs due to dyslexia so unclear how to get a different job and lately feeling out of alignment with where I want to be in life. The frustration adds up! It's a fight to remember to be thankful for what I do have, which does actually help. 

• Most likely it's built up unresolved matters. 

Being autistic, you may sense a need to resolve everything. What compounds this is often being brought up (like most of us) with unhealthy expectations, a lack of being taught how to troubleshoot let alone recognise and fix triggers (halogens in most of the house but a few places relieved a lot of stress for me), rarely being afforded agency or shown how to assert good boundaries... the list goes on.

In my life, I'm overworked and underpaid, was never properly helped through uni, fired from a myriad of jobs due to dyslexia so unclear how to get a different job and lately feeling out of alignment with where I want to be in life. The frustration adds up! It's a fight to remember to be thankful for what I do have, which does actually help. 

Children
No Data