Anger issues

I have come to realise I have an issue with anger. I have been feeling more and more irritable these last few months and it’s making me prone to angry outbursts. I hate it because I don’t deal with anger very well at all. I yell, kick things and hurt myself which obviously isn’t healthy. I’m on a waiting list for an anger management course.

Anyone else? Any advice would also be appreciated.

Parents
  • Physical exercise for me is a great way to burn off some of the inner rage that builds from time to time - really giving it your all to push some metal up and down or racing on the cross trainer to go as fast as you can for as long as you can works well for me.

It has the bonus of strengthening your body and making you fitter (as well as a sweaty wreck at the time).

Running isn't quite the same for me but I know others use it in a similar way.

And once in a while it is worth finding a safe space, some safety gear, some old bottles / crockery / old TV set or whatever and beat the snot out of it with a baseball bat - that is the best.

Somehow it burns off all the anger and makes you feel fulfilled at the same time.

That's my go-to solution anyway.

• Physical exercise for me is a great way to burn off some of the inner rage that builds from time to time - really giving it your all to push some metal up and down or racing on the cross trainer to go as fast as you can for as long as you can works well for me.

It has the bonus of strengthening your body and making you fitter (as well as a sweaty wreck at the time).

Running isn't quite the same for me but I know others use it in a similar way.

And once in a while it is worth finding a safe space, some safety gear, some old bottles / crockery / old TV set or whatever and beat the snot out of it with a baseball bat - that is the best.

Somehow it burns off all the anger and makes you feel fulfilled at the same time.

That's my go-to solution anyway.

Children
No Data