End of Relationship due to autism, What now?

Well after 13 years she has finally had enough of me and ended our relationship. Not really surprised I had seen it coming, but now I need to deal with that and find somewhere else to live and it's all a bit much. What family I have are being very distant. Just kinda don't really don't know what to do now.

Parents
  • Hi 

Im really sorry to hear of your situation atm. I cannot offer any advice on this I’m afraid but I can relate in a way. My relationship isn’t the best being honest and get told I’m weird regularly along with other names I don’t care to mention lol.

I have been in my relationship for around 27 years so I understand when you have been in a relationship for a long time the prospect of living alone is a little scary. I often think about this myself as I find that my partner doesn’t really like me all that much and being truthful puts herself first before others, this goes the opposite way for me as I tend to make sure others are okay before I help myself. This of course is a product of my own doing as I’ve always been a people pleaser, I guess the more you offer the more people want in this case. Bit sad really. 
    I am not sure how old you are but remember that you managed by yourself before this relationship and you will be able to again. 
    The small piece of advice I would like to pass on is whatever happens don’t let bad feelings towards your ex/partner take over, I have seen countless times people that have separated and literally spent the rest of their life being resentful. In the end it only hurts you. 

Be kind to yourself and think of it as a new start and through your experience you will be better placed to make some good choices for yourself.

Good luck and take care!

• Hi 

Im really sorry to hear of your situation atm. I cannot offer any advice on this I’m afraid but I can relate in a way. My relationship isn’t the best being honest and get told I’m weird regularly along with other names I don’t care to mention lol.

I have been in my relationship for around 27 years so I understand when you have been in a relationship for a long time the prospect of living alone is a little scary. I often think about this myself as I find that my partner doesn’t really like me all that much and being truthful puts herself first before others, this goes the opposite way for me as I tend to make sure others are okay before I help myself. This of course is a product of my own doing as I’ve always been a people pleaser, I guess the more you offer the more people want in this case. Bit sad really. 
    I am not sure how old you are but remember that you managed by yourself before this relationship and you will be able to again. 
    The small piece of advice I would like to pass on is whatever happens don’t let bad feelings towards your ex/partner take over, I have seen countless times people that have separated and literally spent the rest of their life being resentful. In the end it only hurts you. 

Be kind to yourself and think of it as a new start and through your experience you will be better placed to make some good choices for yourself.

Good luck and take care!

Children
No Data