The "Aspie quiz" that shows typical & atypical traits

Recently Kefka posted his results of what I know as "The Aspie quiz" and Uhane requested a link to it, so I have copied the link below (hope it works)

https://embrace-autism.com/aspie-quiz/

This test results in a 10 sided chart, showing how strong your atypical (autistic) and typical (neurotypical) traits are, which I find really interesting. For an example, here is my result:

This matches my my attention to detail, pattern recognition and special interests (high atypical talent) and my need for predictability and my hypersensitivity (high atypical perception). I have what is maybe an unusual communication score for someone on the spectrum, however this is an ability to interpret and display typical non verbal communication - not as I originally thought, being ok at conversation. (Verbal communication is in the talent section of the typical side of the graph)

I have a question about this test - does anyone know if it is used anywhere for formal diagnosis?

Parents
  • This is mine. Apparently a 99% probability of being atypical Sweat smile

Very strange that I seem to have both typical and atypical perception.

• Hi Autunomistic

Apparently, Atypical perception is routine driven, need for predictability, and hypersensitivity or hyposensitivity.

Typical perception is reading facial expressions and recognising people.

• Typical perception is reading facial expressions and recognising people.

That doesn't sound like me at all. I am hopeless with both of those and actually strongly suspect I have prosopagnosia. I answered no for the questions asking if I am good at interpreting facial expressions and recognizing people. 

Out of curiosity I've looked up my scoring for this section and I see I have been given points for both of those answers. Other clearly atypical answers, such as problems with timing in conversations and phone calls, scored zero. I wonder if that is an error with the scoring system or if I have misunderstood how it works.

It is interesting that quite a few of us seem to have that spike in typical perception.

• It is quite a common issue for autistics and the topic tends to come up on this forum quite a bit.

I can recognise close family members and people that I am expecting to see in their usual context. For example a librarian within the library or a doctor within the GP surgery. However if I see people out of their usual context I won't recognise them.

Many times in my life I've had people claim to know me from school, college or work. However I genuinely have no recognition or recollection of who they are.

In terms of facial expressions it's possible to learn what they mean but it's not something that is instinctive for me. I do use smileys and they helpfully have a short description if you hover over them with the mouse.

I don't really have much human contact these days so it's no longer a major issue for me. Where it does cause problems is if I'm watching a film or drama and I can't remember who the characters are. I have to keep rewinding to try and work it out.

I don't even think about what my face might be doing when I'm interacting with anyone. There is usually far to much information for my brain to try and process without adding that into the mix too. I believe I have  very neutral and non expressive facial expressions. As for eye contact I don't do that at all, far too uncomfortable. I always look at the mouth, as it helps me with my auditory processing difficulties.

• It is quite a common issue for autistics and the topic tends to come up on this forum quite a bit.

I can recognise close family members and people that I am expecting to see in their usual context. For example a librarian within the library or a doctor within the GP surgery. However if I see people out of their usual context I won't recognise them.

Many times in my life I've had people claim to know me from school, college or work. However I genuinely have no recognition or recollection of who they are.

In terms of facial expressions it's possible to learn what they mean but it's not something that is instinctive for me. I do use smileys and they helpfully have a short description if you hover over them with the mouse.

I don't really have much human contact these days so it's no longer a major issue for me. Where it does cause problems is if I'm watching a film or drama and I can't remember who the characters are. I have to keep rewinding to try and work it out.

I don't even think about what my face might be doing when I'm interacting with anyone. There is usually far to much information for my brain to try and process without adding that into the mix too. I believe I have  very neutral and non expressive facial expressions. As for eye contact I don't do that at all, far too uncomfortable. I always look at the mouth, as it helps me with my auditory processing difficulties.

Children
No Data