Moving house

Hi everyone Wave tone2

My wife and I are currently selling our house and looking to buy somewhere else. It's a decision we made together and have discussed loads, and it's definitely something I want to do, but it's making me feel so anxious. 

I'm particularly struggling with the uncertainty of not knowing what our next home will be, and it feels scary to have to sell ours before being able to offer on somewhere else. 

It's really affecting my day-to-day, I just feel unsettled and weird all the time to the extent that I called in sick to work. 

Any advice on how to shake this feeling or make this process easier?

Thank you 

• Emily Heart
Parents
  • I've moved house many times and I feel the same way, unsettled, scared, anxious, have nigthmares etc, it's not just an autistic thing either, moving house is in the top three most stressful things in life, along with divorce and death of a partner.

If you're buying then maybe making a mood board of the type of house you want, how you want to decorate it, maybe different types of decoration for different houses? Are you staying in the same area or moving somewhere totally new?

• It's so stressful isn't it!

That's a good idea, until we've bought somewhere I struggle to imagine what it might look like so planning the decoration could help. We're staying in the same village thankfully so no change in terms of location. 

• It's so stressful isn't it!

That's a good idea, until we've bought somewhere I struggle to imagine what it might look like so planning the decoration could help. We're staying in the same village thankfully so no change in terms of location. 

Children
No Data