Informing work of my diagnosis help

I have just received my diagnosis for autism, 

im currently off work to care for my daughter and have not told work of my diagnosis

is it best to tell them?

and how to do it as my anxiety is through the roof??

Parents
  • It's entirely up to you if you tell your work about your autism. I would first try to get to know them as best you can so you can get a feel of them and whether they'll really understand and not bully you etc. 

When I was working in a supermarket I told everyone about my autism, this was in February and afterwards a lot of bullying took place and even the manager seemed to bully and do nothing about it. 

I left there in the end.

It's your choice but please be careful because some people can be horrible about this sort of thing.

• It's entirely up to you if you tell your work about your autism. I would first try to get to know them as best you can so you can get a feel of them and whether they'll really understand and not bully you etc. 

When I was working in a supermarket I told everyone about my autism, this was in February and afterwards a lot of bullying took place and even the manager seemed to bully and do nothing about it. 

I left there in the end.

It's your choice but please be careful because some people can be horrible about this sort of thing.

Children
  • You might want to look into the Equality Act 2010. Your employer should not discriminate against you and you may be entitled to Reasonable Adjustments 

www.acas.org.uk has information you might want to look at before deciding what you want to do : under the talking about disability section on their website