Informing work of my diagnosis help

I have just received my diagnosis for autism, 

im currently off work to care for my daughter and have not told work of my diagnosis

is it best to tell them?

and how to do it as my anxiety is through the roof??

Parents
  • In my opinion, that purpose of the diagnosis was to help you. It'll help you understand yourself and also the things you struggle with and why.

The time I feel it's necessary to tell anyone is if that helps you, if you need them to be more understanding, make adjustments to your work environment to make it less stressful, or just by having them know makes you more comfortable. It's upto you , there's no need to tell anyone if you don't want to, but if you want anyone to help in any way then they would need to know. 

Take your time and decide what works best for you, everyone sees this differently and it's probably more stressful at the moment as you've just been told you're autistic and need to process that and come to terms with it yourself, to decide what it means to you, without the overhead of explaining to others.

Hope this helps! Take care :) 

• Thank you so much, I will take a couple of days more to get my head around it, the problem I have is this is my second stint of being off for a while and they will only sit a little longer for me to go back!! Which I don’t want to

• Thank you so much, I will take a couple of days more to get my head around it, the problem I have is this is my second stint of being off for a while and they will only sit a little longer for me to go back!! Which I don’t want to

Children
No Data