How to appeal a Section?

I was sectioned a couple of years ago and every time I appeal to go back home it's always overruled. The reason is because it's thought I can't keep myself safe and require constant support and care. I think it's because I used to get dehydrated a lot and had malnutrition but that was purely a lack of remembering to eat and drink. As a person I've always been safe to myself and others, I used to do a lot of imaginary play, I still do sometimes that's never changed. But it was never dangerous or anything like that. 

I hate being in hospital. It's not home and the noise can be really distressing at times. I've been here for a long time but I'm still not used to anything here. I miss my home and I miss the familiarness of smells and possessions. My family still visit which is something but not as often, it's like they have all moved on and I'm just being forgotten. They do at least stick up to me when I appeal to go home again but I wonder if I didn't appeal would they instead for me? I worry they wouldn't. 

I always was a bit stressful for them and like a burden.

I'm not sure what to do now. I've used an advocate, tried Citizens Advice and my GP. But it's led nowhere. The nurses say to keep appealing and when I'm ready I'll be ok to go home but it's been almost 4 years and it feels like it's never going to happen.

Parents
  • Look on the bright side, at least you have free food and drink and a roof over your head.

Last weekend I was visiting several towns and cities and the number of homeless living in tents on the streets was an absolute scandal.

This is 2024 and this is the government's social housing policy 

• ah funny you say thats the governments policy.... its actually much worse than that.... because if the government knew they were sleeping rough there theyd send the police in to disperse them and fine them and confiscate their tents and then warn them they will be arrested if they carry on sleeping rough lol

• actually the police know they are sleeping rough there. It's a fairly major thourough fair between a train station and the city center. There is a soup kitchen van that parks outside every week. A homeless person was even murdered there not so long ago (at which point the police did move on the homeless people temporeraly to tape the area off). I think to some degree the police prefer having them there instead of pitiching their tents up the road in the doorways of empty shop units, which has been known to happen.

• That sounds pretty racist to me.  If it is true that 90% of London is owned by Indians, and you then add in the properties owned by Arabs, Eastern Europeans, Chinese, Americans and all the other nationalities, that implies that less than 5% of properties are owned by British Citizens. Not in my road. Not in my neighbourhood.

• we could ban holiday homes and none citisen none resident ownership of homes.... you can bet all the houses would be flooding the market then and collapse them market and everyone who doesnt have a home could afford one then.

majority of homes now are owned by foreigners to take rent from our of our country from our people to their country abroad...  everyone i spoke to at work always says all property is owned by foreigners, all the landlords they ever had were pakistani or indian. and 90% of all property in london is said to be owned by indians.

but yet in other countries such as india there are laws that state foreigners cant own property there.. we need a similar law to make it so our people can own homes here... theres only 20 million homes in the uk to 60 mill population.

• Like wise. We have tons of empty buildings owners won't rent out because they are holding out for higher rent. Personally I'd give councils the right to house the homeless in them on a temporary basis without the owners concent.

• Like wise. We have tons of empty buildings owners won't rent out because they are holding out for higher rent. Personally I'd give councils the right to house the homeless in them on a temporary basis without the owners concent.

Children
  • That sounds pretty racist to me.  If it is true that 90% of London is owned by Indians, and you then add in the properties owned by Arabs, Eastern Europeans, Chinese, Americans and all the other nationalities, that implies that less than 5% of properties are owned by British Citizens. Not in my road. Not in my neighbourhood.

• we could ban holiday homes and none citisen none resident ownership of homes.... you can bet all the houses would be flooding the market then and collapse them market and everyone who doesnt have a home could afford one then.

majority of homes now are owned by foreigners to take rent from our of our country from our people to their country abroad...  everyone i spoke to at work always says all property is owned by foreigners, all the landlords they ever had were pakistani or indian. and 90% of all property in london is said to be owned by indians.

but yet in other countries such as india there are laws that state foreigners cant own property there.. we need a similar law to make it so our people can own homes here... theres only 20 million homes in the uk to 60 mill population.