ADOS 2 Module 4 - confusion

Hello, 

I had the ADOS 2 module 4 assessment yesterday and I’m so confused by the tasks and what they mean/what they were actually looking for and I was wondering if anyone could help me out as I can’t really find anything online. 

i was asked to replicate a puzzle from the picture, I did it all and then realised one piece was missing, it was just in front of the assessor so I just leaned over and picked it up and finished it. I’m not sure if I was supposed to ask him to give it to me? I just took it 

the frog book. Where do I even start. The most bizarre book I’ve ever seen, I can’t remember exactly what he asked but I think he asked me to describe the photos and read the text so I ended up just listing everything I could see in the pictures. Not sure if I was supposed to try and work out a story? I just said what was in the pictures l, e.g there’s 3 frogs sitting on lily pads, the sky is dark blue, the moon is round ect 

Another thing I found strange was him asking me what I thought about marriage. I said I didn’t really see the point now, I understand maybe 50 years ago it was expected but I don’t see the importance of it now.

He showed me a picture of a busy beach resort thing and asked me to decribe what was happening. Again I think I just ended up listing what I could see, then he asked where I would be in the picture and I said I’d probably be inside the building because it looked too busy and noisy. 

Then there was a break. I didn’t realise this was a ‘fake’ break and the assessors chatted among themselves, I didn’t join in I just looked out of the window until they said we could carry on. 

The objects/storytelling task was quite hard for me but I think I did quite well. It took me a few mins to think of something but I did manage to do it. 

can anyone explain what these tasks were actually looking for? It’s all very confusing 

Parents
  • Here's a bit of the report they sent me after they'd made their decision. 

"During the ‘telling a story from a book’ and the ‘creating a story’ tasks, [my name] struggled to provide a narrative so that the assessor could understand the flow of events. [my name] , however listed what was happening on the different pages of the book."

So yeah, NTs should be more likely to tell the story rather than just say what they see. You'll get a thing with all of this too. 

• My report noted that the frog book was designed to assess our ability to infer what’s happening with limited information, see the big picture and whether or not we are aware of the emotions in the pictures. We autists have a tendency to just literally describe the pictures and not talk about the overall story, motivations of the people (or frogs) or their emotional states.

I completely messed up the story telling with objects thing too. I was too literal about the objects and basically copied the assessor’s example story.

Throughout the whole assessment they are assessing your ability to hold a conversation, your eye contact, body language etc. They noted that I could hold a conversation back and forth but made very little eye contact, fidgeted continuously and generally only offered information when asked without asking things in return. Oh, and that I had a very flat affect.

• My report noted that the frog book was designed to assess our ability to infer what’s happening with limited information, see the big picture and whether or not we are aware of the emotions in the pictures. We autists have a tendency to just literally describe the pictures and not talk about the overall story, motivations of the people (or frogs) or their emotional states.

I completely messed up the story telling with objects thing too. I was too literal about the objects and basically copied the assessor’s example story.

Throughout the whole assessment they are assessing your ability to hold a conversation, your eye contact, body language etc. They noted that I could hold a conversation back and forth but made very little eye contact, fidgeted continuously and generally only offered information when asked without asking things in return. Oh, and that I had a very flat affect.

Children
No Data