Psychiatry UK assessment 2024

Hi I was just wondering how long others are waiting for the ASD assessment? I was referred and accepted by Psychiatry UK for both ASD and ADHD assessments early Feb 2024. I'm Merseyside, but don't know whether this sits under Cheshire for Psychiatry UK. I know they can't tell you how long the waiting list is, but even just a rough idea would help - are we talking months or years?! I know I am being inpatient and it is early days! What has been everyone else experiences (by area) from 2023/24 as I think demand increased around that time. Thanks very much! 

Parents
  • My referral was a bit of a mess.  My GP wrote a referral in March 2023 but unfortunately the admin staff at the surgery did not email it through to P-UK.  They finally realised their mistake in February this year (it was a very stressful year for me having to pester them) and they sent it through.  They requested that P-UK treated it as an urgent referral seeing as it should have been sent almost a year before.

P-UK sent me the forms (for myself and my informant to complete) a few days later.  We completed and submitted them all by 21st March.  I've not heard anything since then.  I have no idea how long I'll be waiting now, but from what I've read from other people who have been through this process, it could be a few months.

I am also on Merseyside.  Not sure if the region makes any difference as it's an entirely online service?

Hope you hear something soon.  Have they emailed you your assessment forms yet?

• Hi did you get a email through in the last few weeks saying about you are on the waiting list etc? If not you might want to contact them just to make sure.

• I've had a wellbeing email from them saying I'm on the waiting list. They've also replied to some attachments I uploaded to the patient portal saying the doctor would review them when I am given an appointment. 

• I've had a wellbeing email from them saying I'm on the waiting list. They've also replied to some attachments I uploaded to the patient portal saying the doctor would review them when I am given an appointment. 

Children
No Data