Psychiatry UK assessment 2024

Hi I was just wondering how long others are waiting for the ASD assessment? I was referred and accepted by Psychiatry UK for both ASD and ADHD assessments early Feb 2024. I'm Merseyside, but don't know whether this sits under Cheshire for Psychiatry UK. I know they can't tell you how long the waiting list is, but even just a rough idea would help - are we talking months or years?! I know I am being inpatient and it is early days! What has been everyone else experiences (by area) from 2023/24 as I think demand increased around that time. Thanks very much! 

Parents
  • My referral was a bit of a mess.  My GP wrote a referral in March 2023 but unfortunately the admin staff at the surgery did not email it through to P-UK.  They finally realised their mistake in February this year (it was a very stressful year for me having to pester them) and they sent it through.  They requested that P-UK treated it as an urgent referral seeing as it should have been sent almost a year before.

P-UK sent me the forms (for myself and my informant to complete) a few days later.  We completed and submitted them all by 21st March.  I've not heard anything since then.  I have no idea how long I'll be waiting now, but from what I've read from other people who have been through this process, it could be a few months.

I am also on Merseyside.  Not sure if the region makes any difference as it's an entirely online service?

Hope you hear something soon.  Have they emailed you your assessment forms yet?

• My referral was a bit of a mess.  My GP wrote a referral in March 2023 but unfortunately the admin staff at the surgery did not email it through to P-UK.  They finally realised their mistake in February this year (it was a very stressful year for me having to pester them) and they sent it through.  They requested that P-UK treated it as an urgent referral seeing as it should have been sent almost a year before.

P-UK sent me the forms (for myself and my informant to complete) a few days later.  We completed and submitted them all by 21st March.  I've not heard anything since then.  I have no idea how long I'll be waiting now, but from what I've read from other people who have been through this process, it could be a few months.

I am also on Merseyside.  Not sure if the region makes any difference as it's an entirely online service?

Hope you hear something soon.  Have they emailed you your assessment forms yet?

Children